Friday, April 14

It's Vaisakhi Day, and it's also Good Friday, which means I get a break from school, which means a whole day to celebrate Vaisakhi!! Yay! Gonna have some samose tonight! ^_^

Anywho, I've been practising Deh Shiva, cuz we'll be performing that for the Nagar Keertan. Should be good.

Well, I don't have much to say, so I'll just leave this poem which I found on SikhSpirit.com, hopefully that'll take up some room on my very empty blog. To anyone who's reading this... HAPPY VAISAKHI!!



Vaisakhi Tricentenery
It all began in 1699
Which was a really happy time
The Guru’s father had been killed
But his heart had been fulfilled
.
He gathered all the Sikhs to a tent
He asked for people's heads but no one knew what he meant
Then finally one brave Sikh came to say
"I’ll give up my life because I’ve worshipped you ‘til this day"
.
The Sikh entered the tent feeling very proud
As he went in there was a sigh from the crowd
He came out and pretended the man was dead
And they thought the blood was from the man’s head
.
He did the same thing four more times
And he knew what was going through people's minds
Each time he came out people ran away
But he said to them "Please stay..."
. . .
To read the rest, click here.

No comments: