Sunday, October 1


It's been a busy, busy month - and it's only the first month of school too, yeesh! - but last weekend we (as in me, my friend Tarandeep (TK), and some awesome people at the Guru Gobind Singh Children's Foundation) finally managed to pull off something we have been working tirelessly on for over a year now.

It's called Sakhian, and I'm so incredibly excited about it!!!

Okay, let's start from the beginning. About a year ago I decided that it would be cool if we had an anthology with a bunch of short stories based on events from Sikh history. Sikh history has always been such an inspiration to me, and I think that the stories are so romantic and heroic and amazing that they deserve to be told in a way that does them justice. I also love to read and write stories. And I knew that there must be other youth out there that share my passion SO that's when my friend TK and I started the Sikh Story Writing Contest. The aim was to encourage Sikh kids and youth to write down the stories that they enjoyed most in a creative/imaginative way. And boy did they ever do a good job!

And so, to make a long story short the best short stories have now been compiled into this book: Sakhian. I would say that a book like this is a very rare thing to come across, which makes it so worth all the hard work over the past year. The stories have been written incredibly well, and by all different ages. There's about ten in total, plus a few poems.

Now that's enough of that - check it out for yourself! You can buy the book online for $7.00 (U.S.) or just download it for $1.25. Believe me, it is WORTH IT. Oh, and u should know that we aren't getting any money for it - all the money is for printing/publishing costs. But a dollar from each book sold or downloaded will go to the Guru Gobind Singh Children's Foundation, which is a charity that helps needy families around the world.

SO CHECK IT OUT!!! ---> www.lulu.com/sakhian

4 comments:

Pogo said...

You will?? I'm so glad!

I hope you'll like it!!

^_^

Pogo said...

Will send it over soon - I hope!!

FaujKaur said...

Love the BOOK!

Pogo said...

Yay! Thank you - that makes all that hard work WORTH it!!