Saturday, January 27

The Lord of the Rings!! That's got to be one of the greatest films ever made, and most certainly my favourite. It's got an amazingly mystic and medieval-ish storyline (that credit goes to Tolkien, who himself was an incredible story-teller), and it really seems to take you back to a time of heroism and courage and all that stuff. It's awesome. At the same time there's so much innocence to it - like the little hobbits (I love those guys), and how they show that even the littlest of people can show so much strength, how they can change the world... and there's so much wisdom to it too, and it's such an awesome movie that I could really just go on about it but words just don't do it justice - especially my words, that just sound like something a nerdish and fanatic fan would say :).

But seriously, it's a great movie.

Anyways, since I haven't posted anything for a while, I just had this urge to post something LOTR-related. So I tracked down a quote from the movie that I kinda liked - but you have to watch the movie for it to have much meaning, cuz the performance put on by the actors was AWESOME...

anyways, here it is: ^_^

PIPPIN: I didn't think it would end this way.

GANDALF: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.

PIPPIN: What? Gandalf? See what?

GANDALF: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

PIPPIN: Well, that isn't so bad.

GANDALF: No. No, it isn't

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gareeb said...

I love LoTR. The books and the movies.

Still gotta get me eyeballs on that third book, though.

And they should have moviefied The Hobbit, too !!

Bhenji, send me stories. sendsendsend.

send!

Pogo said...

Savi: why is that so unbelievable? Ok, maybe I don't really watch that many movies... but I could watch LoTR a hundred times ^_^ (Oh yeah, I was telling you about this quote at school too... lol, maybe I'm a little too Ring-obsessed o_0)

Teraroop: Hmm, I still have to get to the second book... for some reason I can never get passed the first one. But I just finished reading The Hobbit for the third time - what a great book, I love classics.

I agree, they should make a movie on The Hobbit. I was just telling my sister the other day how I had this dream that they made a movie on The War of the Rings.

o_0

Will send you stories if you send me some!

Anonymous said...

STOP PRESS! Teraroop The Hobbit IS 100% being made into a movie, the bad news? NOT BY PETER JACKSON, he has a lawsuit against New Line Cinema :(
So my guess? Gonna be 'not right'
Something to do with money and movie rights and lack of back payments etc etc...hehe, I read the hobbit when I was 11, that was a long time ago :(

Sorry, I'm also a LOTR nerd - can u tell? LOL!

Pogo said...

Oh... my... LORD!!!

They're making a movie on the hobbit??!! Why don't I know about this??

*runs off to google*

Anonymous said...

Im'a bit of a sicko when it comes too movies (looks at his dvds lol)

I love films to be honest... The hibbit film was crazy. Some fanatics (not me i promise) set up a "create the hobbit film" and kep pressurising newline (not that it was never gonna happen)

Pogo said...

yes, i saw that website when i was googling, hehe :D