Friday, November 10

I was reading some of the comments on Solarider's blog and somebody posted this absolutely beautiful quote. I do believe it is from the Guru Granth Sahib, but I don't wish to assume. Nonetheless, it is a beautiful shabad, and it struck me straight in the heart when I read it.


fareedhaa galeeeae chikarr dhoor ghar naal piaarae naehu
Fareed, the path is muddy, and the house of my
Beloved is so far away.

chalaa th bhijai ka(n)balee rehaa(n) th thuttai naehu 24
If I go out, my blanket will get soaked, but if I remain at home, then my heart will be broken.

bhijo sijo ka(n)balee aleh varaso maehu
My blanket is soaked, drenched with the downpour of the Lord’s Rain.

jaae milaa thinaa sajanaa thutto naahee naehu 25
I am going out to meet my Friend, so that my heart
will not be broken. 25

1 comment:

Pogo said...

lol that's funny